[huge_it_share]After only 2 blog posts, I have received a lot of positive feedback and met so many wonderful mommy bloggers through social media. Earlier in the week I was even nominated for a Liebster Award by Erica at The Big Red Patch House. The Liebster Award recognizes newer blogs, showing them appreciation and encouragement, while helping them network with other bloggers. It’s a fantastic way to get to know other writers, and learn a little bit about yourself as well. I am truly honored to have been nominated and have accepted the Liebster Award!
There are some rules associated with the award and they are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share the award on your blog and social media channels.
- Answer the questions given to you when nominated.
- Nominate 10 other new(ish) bloggers that you admire.
- Notify your nominees via social media
- This LINK offers further explanation about the award and it’s benefits.
The questions I was asked are:
- When you were young, what did you want to grow up to be? I was always told I would be a lawyer – because I was opinionated and enjoyed arguing the less favorable side of an argument. For a long time that is what I believed I wanted to be.
- How do you feel your vision for life has changed since then? I have had so many experiences that have shaped who I am and what I enjoy. I have been constantly fine tuning what I want to be when I grow up… right now I am a wife and mom (among other things) and those are what matter most to me.
- What is your blog’s mission and vision? Blogging is something that I enjoy doing as a way to self-reflect and grow through the interaction with other like-minded people. I hope to establish a strong network of support through my blog.
- If you could choose one charitable cause to donate $1 million to, which would it be? This is a tough one for me because my family has been effected by cancers, developmental delays, economic hardship, mental illness, addictions, rare genetic conditions, and more. All are causes that I believe deserve funding and attention. I would probably choose the United Way because they serve so many different worthy causes – is that cheating?
- When you’re in a slump, how do you get yourself out? A “squeeze hug” from one of my children always does the trick!
- What advice would you give someone else who was having a difficult time in life? One of my favorite quotes that helped me get through some of my difficult times is: “It’s all okay in the end. If it is not okay, then it’s not the end.” It always reminded me that there is hope and you just need to make the most of what you have to work with now, and have faith that things will work out
- Where do you see in yourself in 5 years? In 5 years my youngest will be in Kindergarten! It’ll be the first time in 12 years that I will not have a child home with me all day, and the last year before I am the mom to a teenager (a phase that will last 13 years in my house)! I imagine that I will be considering going back to work full time or possibly continuing my education.
- Where do you see your blog in 5 years? I hope that my blog will have grown (obviously). Since I have just started, I do not have a lot of insight into how my style and focus may change as I work out the initial kinks of a new venture, and I am still learning about all the possibilities that come with blogging. I’d definitely like to be monetizing in some way to supplement our income – if you are going to do what you love, it’d be nice to get paid, right?
- What would you do differently if you could start your blog all over again? Nothing yet! I am in love with my domain, branding, logo… I am sure there will be hiccups as I get going, and I hope I will be able to learn and adapt easily to make my blog everything I hope it will be!
- What advice would you give a brand new blogger? Get involved with social media! Join groups and talk to other bloggers. The support from other people who are embarking on the same journey that you are is invaluable.
I would like to nominate the following blogs, and I hope they enjoy this opportunity as much as I have:
- Ann Rebecca: Be Brave, My Heart. Have Courage, My Soul.
- The Preserves Project: Celebrating the Sweetness in Life
- 14 Mile Farm: Handweaving an Homesteading in Alaska
- I am Obsessed! #Fangirling
- From Designer to Diapers
- Full of Grace and Greens: Blogging about Motherhood and Life One Crazy Day at a Time
- JKLMN Homeschool Adventures
- Blue Eyed Babies
- Lindwine Bernard
- Mama Ain’t Raisin’ No Fools: Former Lawyer. Current Mother. Trying not to raise fools.
All of my nominees should answer these questions:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- How did you name your blog?
- Where and when do you blog?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Where did you grow up, and where do you currently live?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- If you could have any one superpower, what would it be?
- What actor/actress would play you in a movie about your life?
- What is your favorite social media platform and why?
- What advice would you give a brand new blogger?
Thanks again to The Big Red Patch House for nominating me! This was definitely a fun activity, I loved familiarizing myself with so many other “new” blogs!